Before you start:
Make sure that you have:
• Checked for consciousness but had no response.
1. Tilt head back
• Gently place one hand on the victim’s forehead.
• Tilt the head back by pressing down on the forehead.
2. Remove any obstruction
• Look inside the victim’s mouth. Carefully pick out any obvious obstruction with your fingers.
3. Lift chin
• Place two fingers of the other hand under the chin and lift it gently.
• Tilt the head to open the airway. Check breathing.
• If you suspect that there are head or neck injuries, handle the head carefully. Tilt the head back slightly.
• Do not sweep your fingers blindly around the mouth.